Delicious spaghetti squash bowl that makes you feel good because no carbs!
Prep: 15 m
Cook: 55 m
Ready In: 1 h 15 m
- 2 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound large raw fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plain non fat or 2% Greek yogurt, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the flesh of the spaghetti squash halves with salt and pepper and place them cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Let the squash cool slightly before scraping out the flesh with a fork.
- While the squash is cooling heat a 9-10 inch skillet over medium high heat and spray it with cooking spray.
- When the skillet is hot add in the shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side then remove them from the skillet onto a plate.
- Place the skillet back on the burner and add in the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the diced onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until it is translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, basil, oregano, and parsley and stir everything together.
- Simmer the tomato mixture over medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add in the Greek yogurt and stir the sauce until it is incorporated and smooth.
- Add the shrimp back into the sauce and stir to coat them.
- Serve the shrimp and tomato sauce on top of the prepared spaghetti squash.
Original recipe and image from Recipe Runner.